Friday, October 13, 2006

cue balls arrive in florida



Sister moon wrote about these a few blogs ago
http://pbetouffee.blogspot.com/2006/09/rack-em-up-cue-balls-on-grill.html

After much prodding, my little farmers market guy finally was able to secure some cueball zucchini. Green and yellow zucchini on the indoor grill cause the outdoor grill was getting rained on. The green round guys are more dense and less watery, creating a sweeter flavor in my opinion.

Anyway brushed them with olive oil, crushed garlic, lots of fresh ground pepper. Prior to brushing them with the herbs I squeeze some lime juice on them. Finished them off with a sprinkle of kosher salt and some cilantro. Great side dish.

4 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

I love them. I never did find any of this type of plant this year. I'll have to see if I can get my store to get them.

Anonymous said...

I am envious of your relationship with your market greengrocer. Mine is a cute, grumpy old Italian guy who says "I got what I got, you buy or not???". I fear that a special request would result in many expletives from his side!

These look great...but I reckon these zuchs would be great for stuffing too ;)

barb said...

ellie you better tread lightly with your grumpy cute italian grocer guy. Yes next time I am stuffing them.
kalyn you will not be disappointed when you find them.

wheresmymind said...

Those look like little veggie grenades! :D