Monday, May 15, 2006

PBE's challenge #1 - Grill of my dreams

Sound the trumpets, unfurl the dish towels, Peanut Butter Étouffee is announcing their first ever food challenge.

We had so much fun with the Stale Bread Challenge we're tossing out a challenge of our own. Our sitemeter counter says we're gathering more readers so the challenge is open it to anyone wanting to add a post. That includes food bloggers or visitors without a blog. We'll take all comers who have an interest in food.

The May 29 Memorial Day holiday is the official opening of barbecue season. For our first memorable challenge give us your "no-fail crowd pleasing bbq'd anything recipe." Only rule: part of the cooking must be on a grill and prepare it sometime over that three-day holiday. Make a side dish, condiment, or a roast pig, just make sure you take a photo and e-mail your permalink or text of the recipe by June 1. We'll post a link to all appropriate sites.

Now this is smoke I don't mind smelling.

Update: Here are the participants from the first-ever challenge.

4 comments:

La Vida Dulce said...

Sounds like a winner! Actually the grill of my dreams is that humongous Weber BBQ kettle, seen on a episode of the PBS show "Bittman Takes On." He went up against Chef Chris Schlesinger with some BBQ'd oysters. It was an awesome piece of equipment, and I was on the verge of mortal sin, coveting that grill. This will be fun!

Lea said...

I'm in!

I mean.. how can I not be? Not grill on Memorial Day weekend?? PPFFFT!

sylvie1950 said...

Sounds like a great event. I'm also going to participate in a WSM (Weber Smoky Mountain) event on the 27th. See the post over at White Trash BBQ for more on this one. I can smoke and grill for two events.
http://whitetrashbbq.blogspot.com/2006/05/bbq-events-international-wsm-smoke-day.html#links

Glad you came by my site.
Sylvie

G said...

Hi,

Well we started grilling tonight.



Grilled Steak Kebabs


My Life As A Reluctant Housewife