Friday, February 15, 2008

Second Annual Pullet Surprise


Last years recipient of the Peanut Butter ´Etouffee Pullet Surprise was none other than Soul Fusion Kitchen. Syliva treated us to her version of Doro Wat a spicy Ethiopian chicken dish. It was no secret we did not receive many entries but we are not daunted, we will try this again.

Here we go, lets have a drum roll, please...

This years category, keeping with the poultry theme, is Eggs. Now the only restriction is the dish must have eggs as it's main attraction but we'll leave the finer points of argument to you. If you think it qualifies then send the entry.

Here are the rules:
  • Make a recipe with the main ingredient being eggs
  • Post recipe on your blog. Photos are a plus.
  • Have this link back to PBE in your post. http://pbetouffee.blogspot.com
  • Send us your permalink E-mail
  • Do all of this by midnight PST March 26, 2008
Don't have a blog? Just e-mail all your info and we'll post it here.

Editor's Note: Pullet Surprise is a play on words. You will not be getting the real Pulitzer.

12 comments:

AVVV said...

this is so good blog.

Deborah Dowd said...

I'll have to think about this, but eggs are so versatile, I should be able to come up with something!

Diana said...

My husband and I love egg creations. I am excited!

InqFinance said...

I have made one called omrice - take a look at http://inquisitiveaboutfoodnhealth.blogspot.com/2007/12/omrice-with-broccoli.html

Unknown said...

Since this is called Pullet Surprise, does the recipe have to contain chicken, or is it the eggs that matter? Just trying to get it right before I start.

wineandroasts said...

I gave up meat for Lent, and after the video I accidentally saw of those poor, sick cows today, I do not believe I will return to the carnivore's table.

Eggs will be the main attraction at a LOT of City Family meals for the foreseeable future, so bring on the ova!

Chris said...

Thinking.....thinking......This was the first blog event (with food) I ever participated in...so you know I am all about year 2!

sylvie1950 said...

How fast time is passing. Has it been a year already? Can you tell I haven't been doing a lot of cooking lately. This might get me ourt of my shell. I'll have to think of something.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so clever. I'm new to blogging and hope to learn from you. I'm looking for a good egg recipe.

Robin said...

Very exciting. I am hosting an Easter brunch and was hoping to try out some great egg recipes anyway so the timing of this is perfect :-)

maybelles mom said...

Love the contest. Already made one recipe, http://feedingmaybelle.blogspot.com/2008/03/egg-pot-pie.html, , but have an idea for another one. thanks for the contest

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog as for me. I'd like to read a bit more concerning this topic. Thanks for posting this information.
Sexy Lady
Girls for companionship in London