I like lemon just about everything, well with the exception of lemon Jello not so much!!
The following recipe was delivered to my facebook page. We have a birthday celebration function in a couple a days and the celebrant loves lemon, so these will be perfect I'm hoping. And this is easy cause you use prepared mixes. I know for all you bakers you are just shuddering, but sometimes ya just have to cut corners to save time.
Lemon filled sugar cookies
1 pouch of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup whole almonds, peeled
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 jar of lemon curd (surprise I have a jar I made )
2/3 cup canned whipped fluffy white frosting (yes canned)
1/2 cup cool whip type stuff
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375* Spray 36 mini muffin cups with a light cooking spray
- In a large bowl stir cookie mix, ground almonds, butter and cream cheese until a soft dough forms.
- Shape dough into 36 ( 1 1/4 inch) balls. Press each ball in the bottom and up the side of the muffin up. Careful because the dough does puff up some.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Keep an eye on these cause they do brown easily. Cool completely in pan, about 30 minutes.
- Remove cookies cups from pan, fill each cup with about 1 1/2 teaspoon of the lemon curd.
- In a small bowl mix frosting and whipped topping until blended well. Spoon a teaspoon of the frosting mixture on top of the cookie cup. Top each with lemon peel and sliced almond. Store covered in refrigerator.