Monday, July 21, 2008

Unique Flavor Combinations Win Salad Contest

We'd really like to toot our own horn today, maybe shout from the rooftops; how about a sky-writer? What's the reason? Our own, Doodles is a Grand-Prize winner in a recipe contest. You can find her and her recipe for the truly unique Cantaloupe and Gorgonzola Salad on page 4 of the August/September 2008 issue of Cook's Country magazine. This is most exciting and well deserved and we couldn't be prouder.

Edited to add the original post of the recipe

Cook's Country is from the editors of Cook's Illustrated magazine and the TV cooking show, America's Test Kitchen. Also in this issue they talk about their new show coming to Public Television. That would be very cool if they made Doodle's salad on the show.

Message from Doodles: Boy that would have been way cool … maybe since they are starting a new show they will highlight winners recipes from their past contests. Oh am I a dreamer HA!!!

When Moon called to tell me I had won, well let's just say, I was over the top with JOY. Funny they don't let you know prior to publication they let ya sweat it out until the magazine hits the stands. I have never won anything like this in my life; thrilled beyond imagination.

OK, now a little plug for the magazine … it's quite nice and NO ads, none, nada. They do have a few "tearouts" for their magazine subscriptions. The magazine layout is quite good and handy to keep as a reference guide for future use as is their other publication Cook's Illustrated. As you can see I am quite fond of the magazines and no they didn't pay me to say this however I did win $1,000 Wooooo Hooo!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cook's Country and Cook's Illustrated are two of my favorite magazines. I'm so proud of you, Doodles!

kidsinthecastle said...

CONGRATULATIONS DOO!! What a well deserved honor. You're number one with us every day but I'm glad you're being recognized for one of your many talents and now I'm gonna have to check out this particular one of your many delicious-o recipes.

Hugs and keeeses to ya, ma fren.

Love, Tie and the boyz

barb said...

thanks for all of that sweetness my friends....I'm still in shock!!!

Kalyn Denny said...

Very cool, congratulations!

sylvie1950 said...

Congratulations Doodles. Fantastic. I can imagine your shock. The recipes is unique and a winner.

Laura Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness, that's wonderful! Congratulations!