Saturday, July 12, 2008

Baked Apple BUT.....

with a twist........do it in a smoker. Hellooooooooooooo Seester Moon!!!

I just saw this on my local NPR Saturday morning cooking shows.

Take an apple must be one that will hold up to cook for one and a half hour approx.

Remove the core but do not cut thru the bottom as you are going to stuff the apple with the following:

a spoonful of apricot jam
a spoonful of cream cheese or mascarpone cheese
a spoonful of brown sugar
and finish off with a healthy (HA!!) pat of butter

Make a ring out of foil to hold the apple off the grate of the BBQ. Add apple chips if you happen to have any..........cook for an hour to and hour and a half.

VOILE!!! a baked apple with a twist. I bet you could do this while smoking something else. Try is cause I know y'all like baked apples.

Has anyone else done this - sure sounds tasty!

2 comments:

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

That sounds good, especially the mascarpone cheese and maybe a big ol' scoop of vanilla ice cream.

sylvie1950 said...

I did smoke ganny smith apples to make apple crepes but not like the recipe you described.

Smoking apples gives them a nice flavor. I also smoked a peach cobbler(my lazy man's recipe). That got me a 4th place in desserts at my last competition.