Call it whatever you want, but I call it versatile. A friend reminded me that I hadn't made this in awhile.
1 15 0z. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained well
3 - 4 cloves whole garlic cloves
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
splash of lemon juice
fresh ground pepper
Place the beans in the food processor make sure they are thoroughly drained, peel and mash the garlic with the wide blade of your knife, add the garlic to to bean mixture along with the splash of lemon juice and salt to taste. While whirring the bean mixture in your processor slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Let it go until it was all smooth. Put well blended mixture in a bowl, add lots of fresh ground pepper.
Now I have been known to do the following with this basic mixture...........
- add a tbls of chipotle sauce to the mixture
- add a small can of chopped green chiles after adding the olive oil
- use the mixture instead of mayonnaise on sandwiches or wraps
- use roasted garlic instead of fresh
- smoky paprika is a good addition
- I bet you could make this with black beans
- add caramelized onions
- I would put cilantro in just about anything