Tuesday, October 17, 2006

chocaholics click here

after visiting the kitchen wench site where she mentions that her breath smells, smells of chocolate, geeesh how bad could that be.

I remebered I had come acrossed this site about truffles. Now I have never mad a truffle in my entire life, but I have eaten a few, some good, some OK and some to die for. Like that one moon and I had in Indiana, remember.
Anyway for you adventurous sould that would like to partake in making a truffle, please let me know how you did. I try this. But I would love to hear experiences and lessons learned so stay tuna'd...

4 comments:

Lea said...

I actually sort of ended up with a bunch of leftover chocolate fondue once, dark chocolate, a bit of butter, a bit of cream, some baileys, all heated up in a fondue pot. I let it cool and harden a bit, then made little balls, rolled them in cocoa poweder... voila! truffles!

I think theyre sort of anything goes as long as the liquid content isnt too high... if its not getting hard enough after refridgerating I'd say melt it all down again and add more chocolate!

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

mmmmmm ... add more chocolate, what could be wrong with that.

Anonymous said...

I happen to have some ganache in the fridge, I'll try making some this afternoon and see how they go :)

barb said...

well being that Halloween is usually leftover candy time - thought that would be a good time to make some interesting truffles.

ellie I think you are the only person I know that has leftover ganache in her fridge