Monday, October 30, 2006

Cider question???

It's fall weather, folks are cooking fall food, soups, stews, cider.
Our blogger friend Jeff over at cforcooking posted a blog about cooking with cider.
Never heard of the cider he used, thought probably an east coast product.
Lo and behold while shopping at Cost Plus/World Market guess what I found?
Yes the light green bottle is granny smith apple and the other is the standard dark. Having never cooked with cider, what do I do with these ciders? Send any and all ideas my way please.

7 comments:

maltese parakeet said...

never cooked with cider, can't get past the whole opening the bottle and suck it right down part!

barb said...

I know that is why I bought two of each. I knew I would taste test.

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

I can attest to lil bird's fondness for cider.

wheresmymind said...

I'm a big fan of the cider...I bet you could infuse some great flavor into some brats with them ;)

barb said...

what would happen if you brine something in the cider. Many brines have sugar in them so use the cider instead maybe???

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

It couldn't hurt.

Kristen Kimball said...

i made a pork loin in the crock pot with apple cider (non-alchoholic) but it would probably taste great with the woodchuck's cider. the recipe is from foodnetwork.com and i think it's called cider braised pork roast with onions or something like that. it's from sara moulton. good luck!