Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Parchment; and to think they wasted it on the Magna Carta

Haven't felt like cooking because I've been a bit "punky" lately but since I still feel like eating I'll share a small tip for making frozen pizza taste a bit better. I subscribe to America's Test Kitchen and get Cook's magazine because I do love their methods for recipes, so here's one for pizza from the box.

Frozen pizza doesn't need to taste like the box it comes in, just cook it on a sheet of parchment placed on the oven rack. The parchment absorbs some of the moisture making the crust nice and crisp. Also, I always "fluff" the pizza up a bit. Fluffing includes adding more of whatever you have on hand but mainly cheese. They are all quite stingy with the cheese though they make up with the sauce. The pizza last night had four lonely black olives; four. Ever wonder how they figure that ratio out?

As a matter of fact, I'm quite the fan of parchment. If you don't have it in your cupboard you should, and now that Reynolds sells it in most every market, you've got no reason not to. This isn't a commercial for Reynolds, they just happen to market a convenient roll of the stuff and a decent price.

2 comments:

maltese parakeet said...

four black olives? i can guess whose pizza they ended up on.

barb said...

If brother-in-law was there it would have been eight.......yuk black olives on pizza