Friday, April 21, 2006

My feeble attempt................

Cilantro Pesto
I have, over the years, attempted to grow cilantro several times. The hot, very humid weather of South Florida does fairly well for growing herbs. However each time the cilantro plants bolted before I got much use out of them. As the cilantro gets more mature, the stems thicken; the leaves get much bigger and brown. I hated tossing it because it seemed such a waste. So one year I promised myself to kept a close eye on the growing, after all I had a recipe for homemade cilantro pesto that I wanted to try. After a couple months or so I felt it was a good time to make cilantro pesto. Unlike basil pesto, this pesto doesn’t require parmesan cheese, I have seen some cilantro pesto recipes with parmesan cheese added, but for some reason in my mind it just didn’t click. The complimentary flavors are white onion, and serrano chile. Also, roasted pecans are used instead of pine nuts. Pecans seem to enhance the flavor of the cilantro, rather than compete with it.
Use this pesto with migas (tortilla and eggs), or with chicken or beef in tacos. Some of this batch got mixed in with a little sour cream for a tasty tortilla chip dip. Use your imagination in using this cilantro pesto, I know I have. This is a recipe I had found on line and once again I adapted it to my taste, just as you should. But most of all enjoy!


2 cups, packed, of cilantro, large stems removed
1/2 cup roasted pecans
1/4 cup chopped white sweet onion
2 peeled garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon chopped and seeded serrano chiles……….optional (high in the heat factor)
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
a splash of lime juice adds a bit a sweet/tart flavor judge for yourself

In a food processor, pulse the cilantro, pecans, onion, garlic chile, and salt until well blended. With the food processor running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream. Adjust seasonings to your taste. Add more oil as needed for your use. Makes about 1 cup.

BTW ~~~~~~~~~~~~~I buy my cilantro now because it is in such abundance in almost any market.

ETA.............check this out http://podchef.motime.com/post/566367/Be+Born+Again+with+Cilantro
he has a wonderful yet quirky site that is quite informative.

3 comments:

maltese parakeet said...

yum. i've always wanted to try cilantro pesto, but never found a recipe i wanted to try. can't wait to try this. this would be a good sauce for some mexican sea bass.

it seems you aren't the only one thinking about cilantro recently. check out this post from the podchef. apparently some people hate cilantro. phillistines.

Podchef said...

Wow--I've got to try this! Should be plenty of cilantro, aka corainder, aka chinese parsley up in the garden in another week or so.

Anonymous said...

A片,aio,av女優,av,av片,aio交友愛情館,ut聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,視訊聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,上班族聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,情色聊天室,情色視訊,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,視訊,免費視訊,美女交友,成人交友,聊天室交友,微風論壇,微風成人,sex,成人,情色,情色貼圖,色情,微風,聊天室尋夢園,交友,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊辣妹,一夜情

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,按摩棒,跳蛋,充氣娃娃,情境坊歡愉用品,情趣用品,情人節禮物,情惑用品性易購,A片,視訊聊天室

免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,A片,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛A片,色情,成人,做愛,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,AIO,AV片聊天室,自拍,視訊美女,SEX

情趣用品,A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,色情網站,,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人網站,情趣用品,A片,成人電影,成人,成人影城,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊色情,情色電影,色情遊戲,做愛,性愛,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,美女交友,做愛影片

av,情趣用品,a片,成人電影,微風成人,成人,情色,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色電影aio,av女優,AV,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,聊天室,美女交友,情趣用品.A片,情色,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色電影,色情遊戲,色情網站,聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,av女優,av,成人電影,成人,成人影城,成人網站,自拍,尋夢園聊天室