Friday, April 21, 2006

Can you ever have too much cake?

In my previous post I was kvetching about producing not-so-even layer for my cake. That was the least of my problems. I checked with the hostess to make sure all this chocolate is ok--chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and vanilla filling--which it wasn't. Oops. I should have asked but who doesn't like chocolate? I guess the happy couple doesn't and after all, it is their anniversary.

I finished the cake because I wanted to try this new recipe for ganache and parceled all but two pieces out to the neighbors. Husband has already finished the two pieces which might be a compliment but this is from the man who when I met him was eating cold Franco-American spaghetti out of a can. I won't go into that now. I also decided not to put on a third layer.

I've just taken the new yellow cake out of the oven. I'll put a strawberry and cream filling with white chocolate ganache. Here is the ganache recipe. I little different but oh so easy to use. It stays shiny and it can be reheated in the microwave.

1 cup heavy whipping cream
2/3 cup light corn syrup
18 ounces chocolate, chopped

Bring cream and corn syrup to simmer in heavy saucepan. Remove from heat. Add chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool. Can be made one day ahead.

1 comment:

barb said...

damn moon that's looks yummy enough to eat......way ta go !!!