Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Prosciutto and Carrot Bundles


I saw Giada DeLaurentis make these and thought how easy and good those would be. But they look kinda odd on my poppy plate.


Not having any balsamic vinegar or basil, I changed the recipe some.
Instead of the dressing she used I used an asian dressing and cilantro instead of basil.

Prosciutto and Carrot Bundles
2 carrots, shredded,about 1/2 cup
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
4 slices prosciutto
4 whole fresh basil leaves
In a medium bowl, toss together the carrots, vinegar, olive oil, and pepper.

Lay out the 4 slices of prosciutto. Top each with 1/4 of the carrot mixture. Place a basil leaf on top of each and roll the prosciutto up and around the basil and carrots. Secure the bundles with toothpicks and serve

3 comments:

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

Dearest sister, your photos have been great. I think they look wonderful on your poppy plate. The color of the carrots mimic the poppy while the parsley looks like it's growning out of the plate. Good job!

Deetsa said...

That's the palest prosciutto I've ever seen! My purchases are usually a much darker red

Annie said...

I saw that episode. It looks good, I'll probably try it someday.