Monday, September 18, 2006

mexican bloody mary

so, i'm driving home and thinking about all the stuff i need to get done tonite. hubby's working late, so i've got some time to myself. by the time i get to the front door, i've got a plan: feed myself; feed the dogs; pay some bills; ride the exercise bike; catch up on some work; hit the sack. so, i walk into the kitchen, open the fridge and see that i have both tecate beer and bloody mary mix. i've been meaning to try something with those two ingredients. so, some beer, some bloody mary mix, a couple of dashes of hot sauce, a splash of worcestershire, some horseradish and a shot of lemon juice soon found themselves being mixed in a chilled glass mug by a celery swizzle stick. it looked a little like somethin' this...

mexican bloody mary

wow, did that taste good going down. can you guess what else i got to on my list? here's a hint...the dogs are hungry.

p.s., this is why i don't have kids.

5 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

Very funny.

wheresmymind said...

HA...that just about sums up why we don't either :)

Lea said...

hahahahahahahhaha!!! I did the same thing to my poor cat yesterday! It wasnt my fault! She didnt eat ALL WEEKEND! How was I suppsoed to know she was gonna gorge herself Sunday night?

Beer in a bloody mary? Interesting!

barb said...

well hell that puts the exclamation mark to the question now doesn't it.....guess that's why we don't either. I have been known to have this beverage as a hangover cure!

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

Oh, I think I had a Beer-Mary when I was pregnant with her. Sheesh! Sorry, little bird.