Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Mediterranean visit with a treat

When planning my trip to visit sister moon, I made a couple of requests, we have already posted a couple of them. But one of the biggies was a trip to the newly re-opened after major re-do of the Getty Villa, located on a Malibu California cliff over looking the Pacific Ocean. You must make a reservation to go to the Villa, so if you find this museum in your plans, check out the web site and plan ahead. Believe me it is worth the trip.Now I know this is a food blog and yep the Villa has a lovely Café. Wonderful food with indoor or outdoor seating. Sit outdoors if you can because you may think you are sitting on a terrace in the Mediterranean. Sister moon and I were quite good about eating; we shared a small pizza, thin crust which was of the cheese variety. And I should explain why we did this – they have some drop dead divine gorgeous desserts. Ah yes a method to our madness so to speak. We decided, after much back and forth jabbering, on the Meyer Lemon Panna Cotta. Good God Almighty!!! look at it.......... what is not to drool over.


So when we came home sister was on the computer and found a panna cotta recipe that she thought was good. But sister moon just left to go on vacation with husband. Maybe it is on her delicious. I shall go look. BUT if anyone has a meyer lemon panna cotta recipe that has been tried please let me know. So stay tuna'd I'm on the hunt!

Also in the above photo adorning the plate is a rasberry coulis.

7 comments:

wheresmymind said...

I love the Getty Museum and visit everytime I'm in LA...this Villa sounds like a blast!

maltese parakeet said...

check out my bunky's fabulous photos of a recent trip to the getty villa. and no, the tres mujeres in the pictures are not the three pb etouffee girls...but one of them is.

barb said...

little bird your bunky's photos I have seen before and they are beautiful.
jeff it is a great spot to visit. Are you saying you get to LA often?

La Vida Dulce said...

I have a chef friend of mine who works at the Getty. He's not too keen on desserts, but I'll look in my notebooks for a decent panna cotta if he doesn't have anything.

Annie said...

I can't help you with that recipe, but it sure does look amazing. Almost too pretty to eat. Almost...

barb said...

I found one I might experiment with this weekend.........but Christine I would enetertain using one of yours in a heartbeat.........THANKS!!!

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

Jeff, you must tell me when you visit the Getty, I'm a docent and will give you the number one tour.

Christine, both the restaurants are great, Villa and Getty Center.