Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It's way too early to think about.............

Holiday gift giving but a friend of mine, who is very organized, sent me this recipe a few days ago. In her note she said that she was going to make them for Christmas gifts and if I wanted more jar recipe mixes she had them.

Holy cow I couldn't get past the word Christmas.

I must tell you I have not made this recipe - but it does sound good. So I'm gonna pass this recipe treat along to y'all...........and ask the question Do you make food items for holiday gift giving?


Tangy Lemonade Bars Mix

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup dried cranberries
1 T. grated lemon peel
3/4 t. baking soda
3/4 t. salt

1. Layer ingredients attractively in any order into 1-quart food storage jar
with tight-fitting lid. Pack ingredients down slightly before adding another
layer.

2. Cover top of jar with fabric; attach gift tag with raffia or ribbon. Makes
one 1-quart jar.

On tag:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup thawed frozen lemonade concentrate
1 egg
1 jar Tangy Lemonade Bars Mix
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease 13 x 9 - inch baking pan.
2. Beat butter in large bowl until smooth. Beat in lemonade concentrate and
egg until blended. (Mixture may appear curdled.)
Add bar cookie mix to butter mixture; stir until well blended.
3. Press dough evenly in prepared pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 2 1/2 dozen bars

3 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

Since I've been so in love with the rosemary salt I got in San Francisco I'm going to try making that for Christmas gifts. But not until December!!

Annie said...

Yes, I have given this as a gift in the past. I'm not sure how it was received though. I enjoy getting these jars because it is an easy way to try a new recipe and you get to eat them. I LOVE COOKIES!!!
Btw, those sound really interesting. I would definately enjoy that jar!

Anonymous said...

I've been known to make baked goodie baskets with an assortment of mini muffins and cookies. Which is a bit mental as Australia often hits 35-40 degrees C (95 - 104 F) by Xmas season :P