Monday, September 25, 2006

For Sale..........Oatmeal cookies

Some of you know that Mr & Mrs Doodles have our home for sale. The real estate market in our area is quite dismal. So one needs to resort to severe tactics.

"little bird" reminded me of
LauraRebecca's recommendation on selling her home, BAKE COOKIES!!! And that I did. The house didn't sell, BUT we did have some inquiries.

I posted some info on my personal site if you are wanting to know more click here
.........http://tombstonetumbleweed.blogspot.com/2006/09/it-was-cookies.html



The cookie recipe is straight off the Quaker Oats box......but the vanilla was a wonderful vanilla paste that sister moon and I got on our recent trip to Surfas.

I am going to be away from the computer for a couple of days. Hopefully we will hear from sister Moon soon as she returns from her vacation.....................stay tuna'd!

7 comments:

Lea said...

hahha!! We are trying to sell a house at the moment too, and Dave thinks I am insane as I insist on this exact same tactic!!! Although, I am cheap and resort to tollhouse! But it still smells up the house and leaves me with a plate of cookies! Hey! I never claimed to be a baker! ;-)

Annie said...

That is a good idea. There is nothing more "homey" than the smell of fresh baked cookies coming from the oven.

Vanilla paste??? Sounds interesting. You should do a post on it.

wheresmymind said...

I want chocolate chip cookays please!

La Vida Dulce said...

These cookies look amazing. Also check out the vanilla paste at Trader Joe's. It may be a bit cheaper than Surfas, another place I love. Wonderful stuff to work with.

La Vida Dulce said...

Here's the link to a real estate story about St. Joseph and home sales:

http://www.raincityguide.com/2006/08/22/inman-news-and-st-joseph/

Laura Rebecca said...

Fear not Doodles: If you bake it, they will buy. (It doesn't hurt to leave a little plate of cookies out for the prospective buyers to nibble on, either.)

barb said...

rest assured laurarebecca a plate was left for any buyer.

jeff chocolate chip cookay's will be featured at the next open house.