Sunday, June 04, 2006

Grill of My Dreams from Maltese Parakeet

Well, i didn't have to bbq on memorial day weekend because it was my birthday party and mooncrazy did the cooking for me. It was quite a meal, everything was really tasty ... the bbq ribs were outstanding. Nice birthday present, huh?

The most bbq'ing i did all weekend, was to heat up those leftover ribs on memorial day! But, i felt bad about not having something for our inaugural post so, i tried something on my grill pan in the oven on monday (the chicken crematoriam, as we call our bbq, not being ready for the season yet).

I stole an idea from sweetnicks and roasted some asparagus on the grill pan in my oven. First, because there was not enough pork on my plate, i wrapped the spears in prosciutto. You could easily do this on a bbq and the smoky taste would be really good with the prosciutto. Basically, wrap the trimmed asparagus in prosciutto, drizzle in olive oil & sprinkle with kosher salt and then pop in a 400 degree oven for about 20 - 25 minutes. I preheated the cast iron grill pan in the oven first, of course. While that was cooking, i boiled down a little balsamic vinegar for a drizzle after the roasted spears came out of the oven. Husband wolfed them down and pronounced them good.

No comments: