Monday, June 19, 2006

Easy Lunch......another salad

I was inspired to make this Orzo Chicken Salad dish because I had seen a fellow blogger’s post http://www.cforcooking.com/

I remember saying how refreshing that looked,
great meal for a hot summer day. And hot and sticky it has been here in Southwest Florida.

Husband is not the most adventurous eater but is a willing participant most of the time.

Cooked orzo early in the a.m. and allowed to cool, left over chicken chopped, finely chopped red bell pepper, sliced yellow bell pepper, julienne zucchini, carrots, chopped spring onion, roma tomatoes chopped. Right now tomatoes in our area are not great so roma’s were my best option. For the dressing I used Paul Newman’s Sesame Ginger Dressing. It has a good bite of ginger. http://www.newmansown.com/index.cfm Check out the web site they have their products and several tasty recipes I noticed.

Next time I would add chow mein noodles, slivered almonds or the like. But not having either, I took some flat bread crackers, brushed them with olive oil, sprinkled a bit of sesame seeds, salt and pepper on them and put them in a 450 degree oven for a few minutes. The crackers complimented the salad because I think something crunchy was needed.

Think I'm going to find out how husband does with lettuce wraps. I found a recipe I would like to try just need to tweak it a bit. Stay tuna’d………………….

3 comments:

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

Ok, this is inspiring me to do some summer salads.

Hey, if you can get a pix of your husband doing the lettuce wrap thing it would be worth a million bucks!

wheresmymind said...

Heya cool bloggers!

thanks for the plug and the link! Believe me, if I was cooking just for myself I would've put in some chicken as well..you also can't go wrong with yellow pepper. Consider your blog linked up from cforcooking.com as well :D

barb said...

don't hold your breath on that lettuce wrap snap.

you are so very welcom Mr C