Saturday, June 10, 2006

Dinner alone..........

I don't often have dinner alone, but knowing that husband was going to be otherwise involved.
I could have went for take out but that's kinda ordinary.

I thought why not prepare something that I knew wouldn't be husbands first choice. Nothing fancy for me but tasty. I put together a grilled cheese sandwich of fresh ciabatta bread, fresh mozarella cheese, fresh basil and a thinly sliced tomato. They were so yummy I had two........ and while watching a movie I even had dessert of lemon sorbet with fresh blueberries.

6 comments:

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

Melted cheese, how divine.

Hey, remember when we were kids we called them cheese toasties? I loved to open them up and stick a few dill pickle chips in.

wheresmymind said...

Grilled cheese! What a great idea ;)

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

Wheresmymind is being a cheeky monkey because he also has a beautiful rendition of the cheesy melted stuff!

Hey, I love your new crepe pan; so jealous, me.

barb said...

I never said any of my ideas were original..........let me go check out wheresmymind. How did I miss his.........maybe it was subliminal

wheresmymind said...

If ya'll are gonna call me a Monkey I'd prefer to be called a Monkay! I will no retire to my tree to cook a fried PB&Banana sandwich! ;)

Kalyn Denny said...

Sounds like a good dinner to me. Thanks for sharing how the menus say
"You're not eating flipper". I got a kick out of it.