Hard boiled eggs have always been a nemesis of mine. I could never get it right. At times the yolk would be gray around the edges and terribly unappealing, other times I couldn't remove the shell without tearing up the egg, terribly frustrating.
While having friends over one nite for dinner the subject turned to food and in particular egg salad. Mr Doodles mentioned I love egg salad but Doodles never can boil an egg good enough to make one of my favorite lunch items. So the male friend piped up and said I have a fool proof way to cook eggs, I'll tell you how and you can make us egg salad for lunch. You're on I say.
My method of boiling on egg...............
- place eggs in cold water
- put a good handful of table salt in the water bring to a boil and boil eggs for eight to nine minutes
- turn off heat, put lid on pot and time for eight to nine more minutes
- remove eggs from pot and put in ice water
- Salt hardens the shell making it easy to remove.
- Larger eggs require the nine minutes.
Now I'm sure you have your very own foolproof method but this is mine and it works for me.......but please share yours if you care to.