This, again, is a method rather than a recipe from me and I'll give the credit to Giada de Laurentiis. My husband likes fish but I'm allergic. Cross contamination is a fear so I'm always looking for ways to cook it on the grill away from anything I'm cooking. This works great with the add bonus of keeping any fishy smells outside.
For this meal I needed:
- large square of heavy duty foil
- one thick cut of halibut (or any thick fillet of fish)
- fresh baby spinach
- sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- Place a good amount of spinach mounded in the center of the foil. Season with salt and pepper and at least a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Season both sides of your fish and place on top of the spinach.
- Sprinkle with sesame oil and a bit more lemon.
- Seal the foil into a packet.
- Grill should be hot but don't put packet directly on burner. I put them on a rack above the main rack. You can also put on a cookie sheet and bake in a 425 oven. Either way it only takes about 12-15 minutes. Fish should flake when poked with a fork.
Enjoy! My husband likes all sorts of fish done this way but his favorite is Salmon.