Another reason to love summer is our peaches. We get them all the month of August from local farms and they are yummy. I buy just a few each week so I have them on hand for fruit smoothies. My beloved enjoys that for breakfast when he knows it's going to be a hot morning.
The other night I had guests and wanted a light bit of sweet for dessert. Grilled Peaches sounded good so here's what I did:
- beat together some heavy cream and mascarpone cheese
- pealed and cut it half some fresh peaches
- lightly oiled with canola oil both sides of the fruit
- grilled on a hot grill for about two or three minutes a side--don't move them you want those wonderful grill marks
- sliced some pound cake and assembled the dessert