I had a very simple dinner for a visiting friend on Sunday night. BBQ'd Pulled Pork Sandwiches and this great summer salad. My only deviation from the original was to add chopped avocado to the mix which was great.
The dressing was the winner in this recipe so futzing around with some of the ingredients didn't really matter. Though quite simple the dressing had tons of flavor and it looks good with all the bright colors.
Let's talk about some of the benefits of Garbanzos. They contain high levels of folate which tests show are beneficial in:
- Support red blood cell production and help prevent anemia
- Help prevent homocysteine build-up in your blood
- Support cell production, especially in your skin
- Allow nerves to function properly
- Help prevent osteoporosis-related bone fractures
- Help prevent dementias including Alzheimer's disease