Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Diabetics; turn away now

After I made the marshmallows I felt the need to share them so I invited our friends Donatello and Blondie over for dinner. It was a casual outside dinner of stacked green chili and chicken enchiladas with black beans and a lovely green salad that Blondie brought.

I chose a bottle of sauvignon blanc and dropped a few fresh peaches in each glass. It didn't have the result I was looking for but what the hell, we drank it anyway.

After dinner darling husband set the fire pit ablaze and Donatello quickly made roasting sticks from a few hangers. We toasted the marshmallows and made S'mores. Ah, childhood memories. Calibut milk chocolate, graham crackers and lovely-gooey-melty-toasted marshmallows made for quite a dessert. More like a diabetic coma waiting to happen but fun.

Dontallo made a modification to the skewers to keep them from sliding off and because the S'mores were way too sweet, we ended up just toasting the rest.


3 comments:

wheresmymind said...

I'm so much more of a dark chocolate fan, but I think the milk melts better :)

La Vida Dulce said...

Is there anything more delicious?

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

Nothing legal.