Funny thing is, I really hadn't tried to make it but found myself with only a few ingredients and a hungry husband so here is what I came up with.
Pasta with mushrooms
- Cook enough pasta for two people, reserve a bit of cooking water
- Clean and slice very thin about 8 ounces of crimmini mushrooms ( I used the Cuisinart)
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- about 8 small fresh basil leaves, chopped
- about 3 tablespoons very good olive oil
Heat the oil in a large skillet, quickly saute the garlic and thyme. Add the cooked spaghetti and stir until coated with the garlic oil and herb. Remove from heat and stir in the mushrooms and basil. If this looks too dry, add a bit of reserved cooking water. Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste and serve with a dusting of Parmesan cheese.
This was very flavorful and would make a great lunch or even a main dish with a nice green salad. Well, it satisfied the hungry husband.