Saturday, January 29, 2011

Getty Villa Carrot Cake

If the Getty Center in Los Angeles is my passion then the Getty Villa in Malibu is my secret love. I don't get there as much as I'd like but when I do it's special.

If anyone remembers the early days at the Villa you must have fond memories of the tea room. There were delicious scones and this wonderful carrot cake. I'm adding a link to the Getty Iris for this recipe. Read the interesting story of how this cake came about.

The cake could not be easier to make and since I've acquired the recipe I've made it about four times. The latest was when we were entertaining relatives from the East Coast just this past week and it was a big hit with them.

Enjoy and if in LA visit the Getty Center or Getty Villa

Mrs. Garrett's Carrot Cake Recipe

2 comments:

barb said...

I had the pleasure of this delite at Christmas.........it is very tasty and because of the ease of baking which I'm not the best at, I'm making this for company dinner tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Wow! this looks so delicious. I love it.
Thanks for all your recipe.


Real Estate | Seattle Real Estate