My dear husband and sweet husband of sister's loves salmon. Unfortunately my sweet sister Moon is allergic to all kinds of fishy. This would be great for sister to make for her beloved.
I topped it off with some mayo mixed with some chipotle sauce..gives the pattie a zing. Served with a coleslaw and there ya go. I must also add I have not made these in many, many years and had forgotten how tasty they are.
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, undrained and flaked
- 1 slice of bread, shredded
- 2 chopped green onion, including the green parts
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- half of a red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon smoky paprika
- pepper fresh ground
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 In a large bowl, gently mix together the salmon, bread, green onion, garlic, bell pepper, flour, egg, paprika, salt and pepper. Form into patties; each about 1/2 inch thick.
2 Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Cook the patties until nicely browned on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.