The reason we do this is to:
- Get new people reading your blog
- Get new people reading our blog
- See some adorable pix of dogs, cats, rabbits, reptiles, birds, (you get the picture)
- Post your photo of your pet on your blog, hopefully with a food related entry
- Have a link to PBE on that post
- Send us the permalink; the link that goes just to that entry
- Send a small photo of your pet for our page
- PBE will post all these links and photos together for all to see
- Visitors to our site click to find a wonderful new Food Blog
- You get to share the love of your life
- We get to see some furry faces. Or feathered, or scaly. We are still waiting for someone to produce a reptile photo.
This is from Christine at La Vida Dulce. We are going to forgive her for not following the plan because she's been gone from blogging for a while and we did miss her postings. Here is a post about her new kitteh. I love the pix, "I shall allow you to photo but I shall not look at your camera."
This is Penny Lane, our found/adopted Siamese kitty. When she first arrived, she had to be hand-fed, so tiny and frail. The thought of someone tossing her out like a piece of trash in the street still breaks our hearts.
Michael and his friend Ethan found her, brought her in and of course, I couldn't say no. She allows us to live in this house, and this photo shows off her feline attitude. Her nickname is Monster, named after the Charlize Theron character in the movie.
Since her arrival, all of the male pets have either met their demise or were chased off. She is a scrappy little fighter and it is a challenge to keep her inside the house. The only one safe is the iguana, but she has her eye on him. However, being a fickle female, she can be coaxed with the sound of the pop top from a little can of kitty food that gets mixed in with the dry stuff. All of a sudden she's all sweetness and purrs.
Her saving grace is that she's an excellent bug catcher, no need for Black Flag or Raid around this place. But we just love her!
Peanut Butter Étouffee section of Food Bloggy Pets
These two sweeties, Max and Multi, live with Maltese Parakeet and her main squeeze. They just happen to be Maltese Terriers. Coincidence? Lil bird's great-grand-dad did come from Malta.
Multi can look very sad when he wants to. Looks like he's trying to melt into the floor. Max, on the other hand, is looking suspiciously at the camera. He questions everything. "You are taking my photo for some reason and I'll just have to find out."
Ah, this cat has the life, right? You can be assured this guy, Buddy the Cat, is treated like royalty. He has his own 28 ft. fifth-wheel trailer. Here he is resting after traveling 18,000 miles this year.
Driver and food provider are our very own Doodles and her hunky husband. You can read all about this Buddy's adventures at Tombstone Tumbleweed.
Last, but hardly least, is Buddy the Dog. This pretty scruffy looking snap of him was taken by Doodles while we were all camping in November. He says, "You could have washed by face for the photo."
While he's an even tempered pooch he is looking a little serious here. Possibly he's thinking of Boycotting Burger King.
Remember, if you want to get in for January, send you permalink by the end of December. We need more pets!